1. Everything in it is absolutely true. Rose is a real person, and I used to get the stuffing beat out of me. Several of the people on stage are the ones playing the taiko music featured in the piece.
2. The first time we did the show was the first time we did the show. Thus giving you the freshest theater experience possible.
3. Our first weekend of performances was missing a huge component: a live martial arts demonstration. I called 8 different martial arts studios located in downtown Orlando. Only 3 ever returned my phone calls. One wanted $1000 for an appearance. I’m still negotiating with the other two… fingers crossed for next weekend!
4. Two of the participants have actual martial arts experience. One of them is 6 years old.
5. Blessings was intended to be a dance-based performance piece. If you’ve seen it, you’ll know that, uh, it’s not. Watch this space for more explanation on that.
I guarantee that having this information ahead of time will help make the show way more interesting and relevant.